September 2017 saw us working back at one of our regular venues Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, with London based agency Innovision on our 3rd event for them in 2 years. This time it was as sole supplier for their fantastic, fully accessible sporting event ‘Parallel London’.
Parallel London’s aim was to:
- Enable as many people as possible of all ages and abilities to challenge themselves and get active
- Encourage beneficiaries to become benefactors & create new fundraising opportunities for charities
- Engage brands with the potential of inclusivity; in work, home and play
- Champion and showcase the very best of inclusivity through an entertaining and interactive day
With visitors invited to participate in a variety of free fun pushes/runs, ranging from the 100m to 10km as well as a family festival, this was a true celebration of all ages and abilities.
For more information about this fabulous charity visit parallellondon.com
To supply a range of structures to be used for:
- Visitor registration and activation
- Individual sponsors and participant organisations
- Guest interaction including sensory areas, refreshment & retail environments
- Back of house production including catering, administration, crew and volunteers
The Fews Solution
25 structures, ranging in size from 3m x 6m to 10m x 20m, including a mix of Premium and Universal Clearspan marquees.
The marquees were all secured with ballast weights, due to sight restrictions and were built to meet the specific install timetable of 2.5 days, with 1.5 days to de-rig and clear post event.
- An auditorium for key note speakers hosted by Parallel Beats
- Bespoke sensory structures including ‘smell tunnel’ supplied in matt black PVC with a scented living wall for participants in the Super Sensory 1km. A sensory ‘wind tunnel’ was also designed and created with Innovision, featuring white PVC walls and large fans to enable the runners to cool down while passing through it
- Fabulous pop up retail units including an Autism Barber from Assemble & Kalon Forrest Barbers
- Individual booths for all sponsors including Livability, Whizz-Kidz & Barclays Bank as well as other booths for festival participants including Children in Need